Job Description – Technical Comms Ltd, T/A BlueBroadcaster
Title: Sales and Marketing Executive|
Reports to: Managing Director.
Based at: Technical Comms Ltd, T/A BlueBroadcaster, Technology House, Newtown Le Willows.
To plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of BlueBroadcaster’s iSender range of Proximity Marketing products and services to UK major accounts and specifiers, in accordance with agreed business plans.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities (including direct mail, telephone prospecting, face to face meetings) to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing to major accounts by main market sector.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Manage the external marketing agency activities of telemarketing and research.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Scale and territory indicators:
Core product range of three iSender device price range £299 to £499. Target sectors: All major single and multiple-site organisations. Prospect database c.10,000 head offices of large organisations. Customer base of c.150 large organisations. Territory: UK.
(3rd September 2016 – Ref FSR 010)
- Personal Situation
- Specific Job Skills
- Computer Skills
- Literacy and Numeracy
- Commercial Skills
- Management Ability
Sales and Marketing Executive Criteria
Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well presented and business like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
Personal Situation: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to spend one or two nights away per month without upsetting domestic situation. Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. May be striving financially but not desperate or in serious debt. Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via written media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet. Experience of managing marketing agency activities very useful.
Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, or Apple equivalent, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Ideal background would be in business support services; experience of digital design or web development would be particularly helpful. Experience of tenders would also be useful.
Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support telesales staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
Interested applicants should complete the form below detailing a suitable time for an initial telephone interview.